i have never actually read the penelopiad but it’s a top priority book on my bookshelf for sure!
- ariadne who is my favorite, favorite female in all of greek mythology and i cannot stress how badly i want her tale to be told because i am so stupidly in love with her story. she walked through the labyrinth, where men and women were led to be slaughtered like pigs, with only a string and her wits. she killed her brother and destroyed her kingdom all in the name of love because she desperately wanted to be free. she’s morally corrupt, ambiguously vague, and she’s both the antagonist and protagonist of her tale because she believes that she’s justified in her actions. i want to see ariadne with her hands red with blood and ariadne being resurrected by the god of madness who was so taken with her that he couldn’t help but make her a goddess
- i feel like this already exists but a tale from medusa’s pov
- eva green as medea, starting from when she sold her soul for jason to how she took back her heart by murdering her children for revenge
- there’s so many modern retellings but i’m always a sucker for persephone/hades when she bite into the pomegranate on her own free will because it’s better to rule in the underworld than walk as a follower on earth
- apollo and artemis because i haven’t actually seen much about them and i’m all about codependent, powerful siblings